The Truth In Power

True power does not lie in possessions; it does not reside in the ability to choose life or death. The truth about power; real power; awaits, hidden within the shroud beyond the physical.

It has been over a year since my sister, Elyssa D. Tomes, has passed. As I sometimes reflect on her life and the circumstances that led to her death, droplets of sadness and anger still imbue my heart. Why did she have to die? She was so young; she had a young child; she was my sister. When I am left to my thoughts, I still struggle with the reality that I am living in this world without her. Dwelling within the desolate fog of sadness; sometimes provokes a sense of powerlessness.

It is said that time heals all wounds. Does this proverb infer to the scar tissue that comes from the trauma? The body can be hurt, and if you survive; it can heal even stronger than before. Can the same be said of the mind? If you can heal the mind; true power is introduced. My sister has journeyed to another existence; but the reminisce of her memory has given me power to begin healing. Therefore, it is not the actual passing of time that heals; rather, it is what you do with that time that matters. I have chosen to honor Elyssa D. Tomes; and through her spirit, I grow stronger.

Eyes of Shadow Trilogy

In my book, Eyes of Shadow; Myth of Oblivion, Astraea comes face to face with the aspect of the afterlife. She doesn't know what to make of it at first; but she has some help in finding her way back to the physical realm. During her quest, she is schooled on what true power really is. The concept is beyond anything she has ever witnessed. After her brief meeting with Edward during her spiritual journey, she feels a stronger sense of purpose. However, she meets someone else; a woman that looks almost exactly like her; who helps to set her on a path that will change her and Edward's lives forever.

Here is a short recorded excerpt from my manuscript Eyes of Shadow: Myth of Oblivion. Click the video link below to listen! 



Eyes of Shadow: Myth of Oblivion is set to release this coming winter!


Yours,
E. Shawn Tomes
Follow me on Twitter: @therealstomes; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eyesofshadowtrilogy/ 

"Who are you?", the man asked. "I am everywhere, yet I am not seen. My home is welcome to you, although you may not be ready to visit if you wish to live. So I ask you my friend, who am I?" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Process of Belief

The Significance of Being Insignificant

The Power in Being Fragile